On 05/09/12 21:33, mark sullivan wrote:
Hi everybody,
  I was coming to OpenBSD 5.1 looking for reasonable privacy and when I install
it (amd64 flavour), I see that fw_update automatically installs propietary
firmware without my permission. Actually even worse, it updates it
automatically from the net!
  The parts affected are quite meaningful: the network card and the video
card... I mean.. ???? Should I request that you install propietary firmware for
my sound card too so that everybody can record my voice too?
  I would like to hear your arguments on this and if there is a simple way to
disable fw_update and uninstall in general everything propietary affecting the
network card that I have not been warned about. I read on the FAQ that I should
have been asked about this firmware but I wasnB4t! (amd64 cd installer).
  Thanks much,
  Mark

I just want to note: last time I installed OpenBSD (a 5.1-snapshot) this feature worked correctly. I was asked by the installer.