On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 23:39 +0200, David Coppa wrote:

> What's the purpose of having a non-working wifi card?
>
> If you have concerns with firmwares, swap your card with, for example, an
> atheros or another card that doesn't need a firmware.
>
> And, btw, the other firmware is for a webcam (uvideo), not the video card...

For me the issue was surprise (something I dislike in an installer); I
was asked to confirm the download when 5.1 was -current and not asked
when it was a release. I had assumed the reason for the confirmation was
the license, but the note in the commit suggests it was because
fw_update might be buggy.

Also, while I recognize this is an edge case, I have in the past sold
systems with OpenBSD installed on them to other people, and now that I
come to think of it I have no idea whether that's legal to do with, say,
iwn-firmware installed on it (it's probably not).

Weldon