Hi misc

I have a server with a on board Symbios Logic 53C1030. I have set up mirroring
and tried OpenBSD 3.8. When I start the installer and say I want the whole
disk for OpenBSD I can see:

"Putting all of sd0 into an active OpenBSD MBR partition (type
'A6')...fdisk:DIOCGDINFO: Input/output error"

dmesg output goes here:
(sorry for just attaching a part of it. I wrote it down by hand. I can if more
is needed fix this.)
mpt0 at pci2 dev8 function 0 "Symbios Logic 53c1030" rev 0x08: irq 11
mpt0: IM support: 6
scsibus0 at mpt0: 16 targets
sd0(mpt0:0:0): mpt0: timeout on request index=0xfe, seq=0x0000008a
mpt0: status 0x00000000, Mask 0x00000001, Doorbell 0x24000000
mpt0: request state: On chip
sd0: drive offline

However... I can still partion and install the OS (even though it says drive
offline). But the last partion in the table "e" which is /home (rest of the
disk) failed. When I skipped that I could install the OS. When the OS was up
I logged in to try to partition the rest of the disk as /home. When I did a
newfs on it it yelled about write error on block xxxxx. If I took a smaller
piece for /home it went ok. So far I thougt that there actually was some real
error on the disk. So I removed one disk at the time and reinstalled the OS
on a single disk. But it seems to yell for write errors on different places
(often near the last block). But the OS seems to work OK if only the
partitioning for the core OS partitions are OK.

When an error comes during a newfs it says:
sd0(mpt0:0:0): Check Condition (error 0x70) on opcode 0x2a
SENSE KEY: Illegal REquest
ASC/ASCQ: ASC 0x21 ASCQ 0x00
And then is also yell about the write error on block xxxx

What is happening here?

Thanks in advance
Per-Olov Sjvholm
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE