On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Andres Perera <andre...@zoho.com> wrote:
> all of the calls in syscalls.master map to a unique function, and all
> of them start with sys_. it's true that nm won't tell me about
> argument changes. i just risk it a little by assuming no one's that
> evil

Okay, granted nm will tell you when new syscall entry points get
added... but you won't know about new syscall flags, new ioctls, new
device nodes, new sysctls, new behavior, etc.

Not saying you can't use nm as a backup sanity check, but it's not
something I'd recommend relying on by default.  Our userland is really
not designed to run on older kernels.