On 25 June 2012 16:12, Matthias Cramer <cra...@freestone.net> wrote:
> Hi Marios

Hi Matthias,

http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/en/bruteforce.html

> I saw this. But the problem is, the attacker allways comes with the same
IP/Port Combo
> so the is allways the same session for pf. So this method does not work!
My understanding of this, is that the fact that PF creates a state,
and uses it for the other
communications with the attacker. Considering there is no other state
created, it will never
reach the limit to be added to the table.

If that is the case, the question remains: how do you detect the
attack ? Is the PBX rendered
unusable for other clients ?

I think a more accurate description of the attack would be helpful to
find a solution to the problem.

> Is there a way to so something simmilar by packets per second ?

packets per second sounds like a unit for bandwidth, which would
suggest using something
like ALTQ to throttle traffic. The problem remains though, since you
may end up throttling all
connections to your PBX, including legitimate clients.