On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 15:11, Nick Holland wrote:

> Others in this thread have described what would need to be maintained in
> any "improvement".  Let me add (as I don't think it was mentioned),
> static pages, managed by CVS, able to be mirrored by anyone, publicly or
> privately.  Multiple rendering options would be nice. Oh, and we need to
> keep support for translations to other languages.

Here's something I think would be a *major* improvement.  Fix
magicpoint to export slides in a format better than jpg.  Some
people's talks (hi henning!) take forever to load, the content is
completely invisible to search engines, there's no way to fix typos,
and on and on.

My internet is kind of slow, so I doubt I could even download the 10th
anniversary of pf talk in real time to follow along with an audio
recording.  I know Henning loves his fluffy pictures, but a basic html
conversion of that info, minus the background images, would be awesome.