>Peter Laufenberg [open...@laufenberg.ch] wrote:
>>
>> I'm willing to indirectly donate to OpenBSD by paying a professional graphic
>> designer to redo parts of OpenBSD's visual design. His portfolio:
>>
>>   www.flexstudio.ch
>>
>> Richard is a very good friend but still your typical starving artist with
>> bills to pay. I did this before for other friends' businesses who loved it.
>
>As you can imagine, a project full of software developers isn't the best place
>to look for advancements in graphic design.

WipeOut on Playstation 1. In 1995 Psygnosis UK hired Designers Republic whose
portfolio previously included crucifixes with barcodes for underground vinyl
sleeves. It was a HUGE advancement for graphic design as well as music
(Leftfield, Orbital).

Apple is full of developers and getting more industrial design praise than
Philippe Stark's lemon juicers. Sure you got your wannabe screwups like Ubuntu
whatever and Windows 8, but software and art aren't antagonistic. "Software
architecture", "elegant code", etc.

-- p