On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Nick Holland
<n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:

> Other than "boring", no one has actually STATED a problem of the OpenBSD
> website.  What message are we not getting across?  If there is a PROBLEM
> you see that makes getting its information to you difficult, please
> state it and indicate what could be done better.  i.e., saying, "what
> you did to the faq/index.html page for this release makes no sense to me
> as I'm blind and using a screen reader" would be constructive and useful
> (and I have no freaking idea what to do about it, and in fact, I've just
> made myself feel really guilty, as if someone WERE to say that to me, I
> don't want to undo it...)

ok

concretely, the man and webcvs pages do not have links back to openbsd.org

good design would be to make the openbsd logo at the top left corner be the
link

that's a big nono in site layout. you should make the site as
browseable as possible

(see how you can talk about design without talking about aesthetics)

another thing is, talking with a professional designer will reveal
many problems like these, the difference being that you'll get
information in meaningful chunks instead of little updates such as
this mail