On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 08:59:50PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

> > > Care to share details about this?
> >
> > In my first couple of installs on this new machine using 5.1 release and the
> > current snapshot I got the following messages at the end of the
> > installation:
> >
> > Making all device nodes...done
> > mkdir: /mnt2/boot: Invalid argument
> > cp: /mnt2/boot/bsd: Invalid argument
> > Failed to install bootblocks.
> > You will not be able to boot OpenBSD from wd0
>
> Were this "whole disk" installs? Please share some more details.

No, as you probably know the disk is now 160G on the Fuloong. I couldn't
imagine needing so much space for my intended use of OpenBSD so I decided to
dual boot OpenBSD and some flavor of Linux. While I still had the original
preinstalled Linux available I partitioned the drive for my OpenBSD and
future Linux install and then did the OpenBSD installation in the OpenBSD
partition. Custom layout.

> > I fixed this by copying boot to the boot partition and PMON has no trouble
> > booting it.
> >
> > The second install of the snapshot ended normally.
>
> Second install of the same snap?

Yes, and I wondered if somehow the installer detected I had boot saved in an
ext2 partition (which was not true of the first two installs but was by the
third install, which was the second snapshot install), but I really can't
imagine how it would know.

--
                       _