On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Siju George <sgeorge....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org>
> wrote:
>> They started the fork because they got kicked out because one
>> developer (Marco) hired 5 other developers for his startup company,
>> and attempted to hire around 10 other developers in a sneaky and
>> underhanded way.
>
> What about
>
> http://aeriebsd.org/about.html
>
> ?

Copyright and pages from about 2008 - 2010 and in CVSweb files
modified before 3 years as last and so on? Seems like one of tens of
projects which start because someone thinks that just because he can
fork automatically must mean that it's really needed which is wrong
and there's a lot such forks in Linux world leading to nowhere.

Same for Bitrig - at least forum and bugs. No change for 3 weeks or
so. Even in projects not paying so much attention to PR like OpenBSD
or DragonflyBSD is a lot of changes during that time. Sure everyone is
free to do what he likes, but for some things you need to have focus
if you want to have results and OpenBSD project is showing already for
many years that they have focus and can stay on line. I don't think
(just my opinion) that OpenBSD project is against changes which Bitrig
want to implement, but OpenBSD want them documented, in quality and
free. It's doable, but takes time and a lot of times some feature were
last in OpenBSD, but when it arrived it was superb when comparing with
other implementations which were already for some time on "market".