On Jul 12 09:40:56, David Diggles wrote:
> Since other people dont have the problem,

People do:

>On Jul 12 01:57:34, Alexander Polakov wrote:
>> Same here (amd64). I typed "anonymous" and it proceeded.

> something fishy going on at your ISP?
> My current ISP blocks a lot of ports by default.

That's not the case here:
anonymous ftp as such works for me.

In fact, Alexander's way works for me too:
entering 'anonymous' makes the installation proceed.

That leads me to speculate that just pressing [enter]
sends an empty string to the installer, which obviously
is not accepted as a ftp login, so the installer asks again.

I believe that previously, pressing [enter] did
give the suggested 'anonymouss' to the installer script.

        Jan