something like that.

also, you might see a few responses from my alternate email
(technomage.hawke@***.***). I need to make sure my send field is set
correctly. grrrr.

I am not sure what application would be good for editing (or creating) man
pages such that I don't need to worry about all of those codes.

-eric
On Jul 27, 2012, at 12:17 AM, Vadim Zhukov wrote:

> Am I right you need ASCII-like output without extra formatting (e.g.,
terminal escape codes)? Something like:

> "xyz utility does the following: blah-blah. The options are as follows: -h
to make you happy. -k to kill your ex-girl's kitten. -v to make sure everyone
know what are you doing. See also manual page for cat in section one, manual
page for kill in section one and for wall in section one."

> This could be accomplished by new backbend for mandoc, as I can understand.
Other easy would be to teach your screen reader to mdoc(7) and man(7) formats.
This will do it best as you'll have hyperlinks and other stuff the way you
want.

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share/man/man7/mdoc.7?rev=1.93;cont