You don't have to ask permission to anyone to do whatever you want
with the OpenBSD code. If you can create a github account that
reliably mirror OpenBSD's commits, I think some people would be
interested.

For what is worth, there is already a git repository that follows
OpenBSD: http://anoncvs.estpak.ee/cgi-bin/cgit/openbsd-src/. However,
I have found it unreliable and that is why I don't use it.

Luis.