On 08/05/12 07:14, Friedrich Locke wrote:
> I would like to change /etc/ttys to get, for instance:
>
> ttyC3   "/usr/libexec/getty std.192600"   vt220   on  secure
>
> instead of :
>
> ttyC3   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt220   on  secure

Why?  This is not a serial console.
(for those that missed it, on a i386/amd64 with onboard video and
keyboard, this is what you get on console CTRL-ALT-F4.)

> Do you think i could run into problems ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Here's a knob I don't understand, let's give it a big hard twist.  What
could happen?

Ok, better question: when it won't do what you presumably want (faster
console I/O), why are you twiddling with knobs?

If you think your VGA is running at 9600bps, either you have a really
really slow computer, or more likely (as I have a 25mhz 486, and it
throws text on the screen much faster than 9600bps), you don't know what
9600bps looks like (I have used 9600bps consoles.  Not at all unusable,
but never confused for a VGA adapter).

Just...leave it alone.  don't touch.

Btw: this WILL cause some (hopefully, minor) issues when upgrading.
Again: when faced with ZERO benefit, don't take minimal harm.

Nick.