Hello Eric,

On Jul 27 05:50:42, Eric Oyen wrote:
> I use OpenOffice for editing html pages. this makes editing web pages
> remarkably easy for me. Believe me, editing raw html is a real pita. so, if I
> want to properly edit a man page, I need to use something that supports DOC 7?
> that wood be nice to have on my OS X system.

WYSIWYG HTML editors (such as OpenOffice) are actually just wrappers
around the raw HTML syntax, of course. For example, if you make something
BOLD by clicking B or whatever, internally, the editor just puts the <b>
tags around the text. In other words, the editor itself knows the real
HTML syntax and provides you with an interface.

I don't believe there is something similar for the mdoc syntax,
i.e. a WYSIWYG editor that would let you say "here comes an URL"
and convert it to a propper .Lk syntax.

The only way to edit an mdoc document is to edit
the raw mdoc markup with a text editor.

> if I remember correctly, bratty is an included package (it may be in the ports
> tree, but I think its included in the primary install).

misc/brltty

Currently this depends on the SHM flavor of screen.
Could someone please elaborate why is that? Would it be an improvement
to do the same using tmux (which is in base)?

        Jan