Can you describe 'high load' ?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:17:04AM +0600, Илья Шипицин wrote:
; Hello!
;
;
; we are running high load https server on OpenBSD, so there are questions on
; performance:
;
; since we already had to increase kern.maxclusters value, I guess default
; OpenBSD settings are not very well for high load https server ?
; in order to protect our server from denial of service, we can either
;
; a) increase kern.maxclusters to some huge value
; b) turn on syn proxy in PF
;
; does someone have experience with such high load applications and tell me
; pro et contra for each solution?
; why syn proxy is not enabled by default ?
;
; Ilya Shipitsin
;

--