Hi!

I have an OpenBSD 5.2 installation on a Soekris net4801 used as a router, DNS
server and a SSH tunnel proxy.
I have configured the login_radius service in my login.conf and all works
reasonably well but from what I can tell login_radius only supports the
clear-text PAP authentication type.
So my question is am I missing something and it's possible to use CHAP or any
other encrypted auth types with login_radius or is unencrypted PAP the only
supported auth type?

I would normaly not make a fuss about it but OpenBSD being as security centric
as it is I find it a bit awkward it would support only a plain-text method in
such an important auth mechanism.

Best regards,
Aleš Golob
Sistemska podpora

Gora Informacijske rešitve d.o.o., Ljubljana

Dunajska 21
Tel: +386 1 23 44 856
SI-1000 Ljubljana
Fax: +386 1 23 44 870