2012/12/17 Robert Connolly <rob...@secondfloor.ca>:
> Hello.
>
> I have heard on IRC that I am running a vulnerable version of Firefox,
> despite running 'pkg_add -a -u', on my OpenBSD 5.2 system. The advice I got
> was to run snapshots, because OpenBSD does not have the human resources to
> maintain packages. I understand this is a problem, but I want to understand
> the best way of dealing with this problem.
>
> Am I expected to run 'pkg_add -a -u -n' daily, and then decide when to
> update to a -current snapshot and package tree? I am not being sarcastic...
> I have every intention of continuing to run OpenBSD, and I would like to
> know the best way of doing it.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#NoFun
That one pretty much describes the expectations.
Either go with release, or go with the flow. Doing just-update-ports
and keeping an old installation of the OS will not work for long.

--
 To our sweethearts and wives.  May they never meet. -- 19th century toast