Zoran Kolic [zko...@sbb.rs] wrote:

> Yeah, I like amd better. On desktop it is 8120 bulldozer. And I
> like it.
>
> I might bother gentle readers, but have no clue what to buy and
> stay alive. I need exact processor name. So, if someone has amd
> or intel, integrated, wirking on amd64 5.2, please say the name
> of it and I will get the same one.
> Best regards

The core i3-3225 is ivy bridge based, which means the graphics only works under
-current and no DRM acceleration until the driver support improves. But, it is
a very fast chip, and very low power. No graphics card to heat up, and when KMS
support works, it will be quite fast (if you care about DRM). I don't think the
newer radeon stuff is DRM accelerated either, so I'd go with the fast, low
power shit myself...