Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies to my call for help.

The soekris install command that worked was:

shell# sudo qemu-system-i386 -hda /dev/rsd1c -cdrom install52.iso -boot d

Turns out I was not using the raw device (/dev/rsd1c) in my command but was
trying to install /dev/sd0c.

--
Thanks also to Nick Holland for suggesting some alternative ways to install
OBSD on Soekris that one might also call simple.

I do think that using quemu is a good (and "simple") way to go for me because:

- I have qemu installed on my box for other reasons
- one only needs an attached cf card and a current version of install.iso (no
CD burning or laptop reboot required)
- with qemu the install to cf can happen alongside other tasks within my usual
work environment (e.g. browsing, word processing, etc)

Thanks again.

:-)

Sarah

--
"I Cannot Do All the Good that the World Needs, But the World Needs All the
Good That I Can Do"    --Jana Stanfield