Well in this case JunOS, IOS, and Brocade would be what people know
and are accustomed to, because these are common brands. But I was
speaking of my experiences in working at an ISP and using vendors that
most people haven't heard of. Alcatel, Atrica to name a couple,
multi-service customer premise stuff or vpn. It's easy to hire people
who know juniper/cisco/brocade. It takes the new guys a few months to
get used to the telco specific stuff.

But this is all off-topic, I'm not slaming pf in any way i love it. I
was just saying it can't hurt to try to emulate what people know if at
all possible. And the fact is that junos/ios have the market share so
thats what people know.

As a user I'd love to see some attempt to make it happen but I'll be
using pf regardless