On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 12:18:50AM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i am fishing for ideas from others regarding
> how to read/send email in my current life situation
> (=being on the road all the time connecting once
> in a while with 3rd world wifi).
>
> i have my own mail server, that i can setup as i want.
> i am travelling with my notebook.  my preferred
> setup would be something that downloads my mails
> when i am connected, then i can write answers locally
> even when being offline, and these would be sent
> automatically (through my server) when i come
> online again.  my mail client is mutt.
>
> any road warriors living like this with a rock
> solid well tested setup?

I was recently looking for a way how to suck mails
from mail "proxy" in DMZ to intranet mail server.

I have found that postfix can have some defered
queue which can be processes manually.

On your mail server you can setup to defer
delivery to your laptop (you can fake it with
destination to be localhost:$someport). Then you
could suck the mails from this queue via ssh port
forwarding...

Unfortunatelly I didn't save this configuration
details.

jirib