Hi

When I used an older server (Dell 400SC + OpenBSD 3.7) I had a parallel port
on it and a PS level3 compatible printer. A started "lpd" and a printcap like
the one below worked like a charm. Starting samba picked up this printer for
use from windows perfectly without any ghostscript stuff or other external
software.
--snip--
lp|local line printer:\
       :sh:\
       :sf:\
       :lp=/dev/lpa0:sd=/var/spool/output:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
--snip--

Now..
My new server (Dell 830 + OpenBSD 3.8) have EXACTLY the same config but no
parallel port. So the USB connection is instead used between the printer and
the server. The only thing I have changed is "lpa0" to "ulpt0"
in /etc/printcap. And this based on the messages in /var/log/messages when I
plugged in the printer.
--snip--
Nov 16 23:45:15 xanadu /bsd: ulpt0 at uhub3 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0
Nov 16 23:45:15 xanadu /bsd:
Nov 16 23:45:15 xanadu /bsd: ulpt0: Brother HL-5050, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2,
iclass 7/1
Nov 16 23:45:15 xanadu /bsd: ulpt0: using bi-directional mode
--snip--

I can only see that running "lpq" give me  bunch of messages in queue that
never comes out on the printer. And it also says "waiting for lp to become
ready (offline ?)". It Does not matter if I use the "lpc" to enable it. It
still says that it is offline.

It simply does not work on USB. What man page have I missed to read. Or what
other thing is it that I don't understand about USB and printing.

Suggestions *very* much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB2 83CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE