mxb <m...@alumni.chalmers.se> writes:

> Give up.
>
> For the record.
> I had BIND on Ubuntu 12.04 on Dell R610. It constantly segfaulted for yet
> unknown reason (lazy to debug).
> This machine was overloaded with resources.
>
> However, not much of load as yours, but I'v tired of this and put all zones
> to R620 with OpenBSD 5.3.
>
> So far not a sound of any slow queries because of segfaulted BIND-slave.

Never had an issue with custom compiled latest BIND version on CentOS 5
or 6.
Although I proceed with my project on CentOS Linux, I want to keep an
eye to OpenBSD developments. I guess all the threading work is happening
to give a performance boost and not the other way round, correct?
Either way I am willing to test.

--
Kostas Zorbadelos
twitter:@kzorbadelos            http://gr.linkedin.com/in/kzorba