I agree with your practicalities. We as IT professionals have to be careful when thrashing people. You never know who you're impacting and I personally would love to see OpenBSD take over the dominance of Cisco. I hate closed source with a vengeance, unfortunately we have to support it due to the powers of the almighty commercialized entity. I never indicated that you can't use OpenBSD as a desktop, but rather the design nature of the OS. It's certainly a personal choice, but large conglomerate institutions are HELL bent on closed source, especially at the desktop level.

The Mac OS is the closet thing to Unix we have at the desktop, perhaps a few RedHat workstations, but that's not Unix. I hate Apple just as much as Microsoft, because of their evil closed source methodology. They rape people of the freedom of choice. It's very difficult to convince the worlds leading Cardiologists that your environment and it's trillions of medical records would be best computed on an OpenBSD workstation. It's however a lot easier to convince that your firewalls are best protected by OpenBSD, because some government entities have already proven it's security and stability.

Salim...