Hi,

I'm building myself an openbsd-based fileserver, which will initially
have three disks with softraid in RAID5 mode.

I've three questions regarding softraid:

1) I intend on using a single-core 1.8Ghz Atom processor I have lying
around. Would that limit my performance too much? I'll be using this
fileserver mostly for media (movies/series/music) and some ocassional
backups. Can anyone share what CPU they've used and their experience? (I'm
clarifying my intended usage for the fileserver since I think it's quite
relevant to say if the CPU is or isn't enough).

2) How do I add additional volumes to an already created softraid
volume? I intend on adding additional disks as necessary. Is it possible?

3) The man pages report RAID5 as experimental. I'm curious, why is
this so? Is it just not-very-thoroughly tested, or is there some
missing feature? I read on a 2010 presentation that rebuild was not
implemented yet, is this still so?

Thanks,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera