Gnome isn't bad on OpenBSD, but depending on what you don't like about
linux, that may not live up to your expectations.

Frankly, though, as an almost life-long Windows user both personally
and professionally, if I had GUI concerns I'd seriously consider
whether OSX was a viable option rather than Windows. With that said, I
wouldn't target either platform for X11.