Hi ag, Hello Nicolai, Hi zz, Hello Dmitrij

I hope you don't mind, I thought I would create a combined answer in hopes of not upsetting people with too many of my posts.

I very much appreciate all your responses.

I don't mind extra work at all and I can try to customize things, my concern is software correctness and confidence in projects.

I see a parallel here with food. I bet 30 years ago, people used to cook from scratch and know what was in their food. I bet 30 years ago people coded from scratch and knew more about the code they were shipping.

These days it wouldn't be hard to imagine that some people know you should scrape off the chocolate coating from this particular cake because the milk used in the chocolate came from a supplier that put melamine in their milk at one point.

I think everyone should be able to stuff their face with cake only fearing obesity and diabetes, they shouldn't have to worry about plastic.

Having to rework the default settings on a project is a lot like scraping the chocolate, if the "outside" of the project is that crap, what about the inside?

I will definitely look into a variety of low fat window managers, the options make me dizzy though :)