I just upgraded from 5.2-release to 5.3-release and notice the following
issues with touchpad mouse control.
1) using left-click then drag to hilight then copy text no longer works;
happens in term window or gui app (ie: firefox).
2) When using google maps in firefox; the mouse pointer takes about 2-3
seconds to convert from pointer to grab/drag to move map within window.
3) Another website I use has an interface to maps; left-click mouse never
converts from pointer to grab/drag mode.

I don't know how I can copy/paste my dmesg into this email; so its
available here:
http://www.gallery.bax.on.ca/dmesg53.txt