you could try using sloppy states like henning suggested. you'll still get to
write stateful rules and get the tcp state machine checks but not the tcp
window checks.

if it works with sloppy states it narrows the issue down to the pfsync state
merge code. at the moment im kind of guessing thats where the problem is.

dlg