* Andy <a...@brandwatch.com> [2013-07-22 13:14]:
> None the less I'm surprised that no one else has any thoughts on
> this when it has been discussed several times before.

the solution is to fix the switch config, not to come up with stupid
("works most of the time in most cases" - that's the microsoft/apple
definition of "works", but not good enough here) workarounds.

> It would be /very/ easy to resolve (by someone with talent and
> experience of the code base ;) and would aid the stability of
> OpenBSD greatly (in an operational sense), as the knock on effects
> this has really affect sasyncd, openbgpd and openospfd to name to
> the ones I have problems with when a cable is pulled/NIC reset etc.

you are attributing your issues to the wrong party.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP