Hi Henning,

I agree, that's why I spent a long time trying to get all the switches configured correctly. And whilst it is rare, sadly one of our providers in particular just outright refuses to enable port-fast as they don't trust all their colo members (kinda don't blame them).

I also don't want to put another switch (or 2 so no single point of failure) in-between our firewalls and the providers WAN switches.

At least thanks to Stuart's suggestion most of our issues are now resolved and we'll just have to live with the issue of a backup firewall taking over when a cable is plugged back in/WAN provider resets/kills/asserts/misconfigures one of their WAN switches (we have redundant connections across their switch fabric).

Cheers, Andy.