Hello,

I'm trying to replace two cisco routers by two openBGPd routers.
A have 3 neighbors, two with 4-bytes AS, and one which only supports
2-bytes AS for now.
I have a 4-bytes AS too.

So in my bgpd.conf, I have :

AS <my 4bytes> <a 2bytes AS>
network z.z.z.z/21
neighbor <neighbor's ip address>    #a neighbor which supports 4 bytes AS
{
     remote-as <neighbor's AS>
     set prepend-self 1
}
neighbor <neighbor's ip address>    #a neighbor which supports 2 bytes
AS only
{
     remote-as <neighbor's AS>
     set prepend-self 2
}

My problem is that my second neighbor return this message :

neighbor : received notification: error in UPDATE message, AS-Path
unacceptable

I think bgpd is trying to prepend the neighbor which does not support
4bytes AS with... a 4 bytes AS, due to the "set prepend-self 2".

Now, time for the questions :
- Is it openBGPd's normal behavior ?
- Is there a way to force prepending with the 2 bytes AS ? I saw
"announce as-4byte (yes|no)" in manpage, is this option designed for that ?

Thanks for your replies.
Regards,
Cédric

--