On 08/10/2013 06:01 PM, Francisco Valladolid H. wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Maurice Janssen <maur...@z74.net> wrote:
>> On 08/09/13 17:05, Francisco Valladolid H. wrote:
>>> Hi folks.
>>>
>>> Currently I have a Wireless network serving in my town using a small
>>> form factor (mini-itx) PC with OpenBSD for pf,squid, and dns cache.
>>>
>>> I need recommendations for a network appliance in rack mode with flash
>>> storage and five rj45 ports.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommended a solution for my needs ?
>>
>> Axiomtek NA-320R might be an alternative.  Rack mount, 6 gbit ports,
>> CF-storage and Atom 1.6 GHz CPU.
> Thank you Maurice, excellente recomendation.
>
>> Maurice

I know you say "appliance" however, how about an embedded system? Since
you already run OpenBSD on a Mini-ITX system, a 1U rack chassis for
Mini-ITX plus Intel based Network card should also give up to 6-7GbE
ports plus SSD or other flash drive alternative......

e.g. http://www.steatite-embedded.co.uk/

....as examples for chassis and systemboard.

It might not be what you want since you did say "appliance" but still it
is a thought :-)

Regards,

Kaya