On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:45:50 -0700, andrew fabbro wrote:

>I have a Shuttle SD11G5, which is a small Celeron-based PC (1.5Ghz Celeron,
>2GB RAM, a couple SATA drives).
>
>The OpenBSD 5.3 installer consistently hangs after I enter the Netmask for
>the onboard NIC.
>
>I'm booting the 32-bit x86 install53.iso.  I start configuring bge0 (which
>is a BCM5789) and after "IPv4 address for bge0", the installer asks for
>Netmask and after I enter it (255.255.255.0), the installer sits there
>forever.
>
>Same thing if I DHCP - after "Issuing hostname-associated DHCP request for
>bge0" the installer hangs.
>
>I also have an Intel Pro/1000 gig-E card (82574L) in the PCI Express slot,
>which shows up on em0.  Unfortunately dmesg says "couldn't map interrupt"
>and I'm not offered the chance to configure it.  I haven't found anything
>useful via searching for fixing this.
>
>This box previously ran Debian Linux with no problems, so I'm skeptical
>it's a hardware problem.  The BMC578x series is listed as supported on the
>bge(4) man page.
>
>Any advice?

Yes.
Provide a dmesg before expecting anything from one of the wise men.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.