On 09/15/13 00:41, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
I'm trying to add myself to sudoers. I used `su -` to get root, and
then `adduser jwalton sudo`.

What did you expect from that command? And why?

Now I'm stuck a loop of:

   Enter username[]:

When I try and add my name, I'm told its there. When I try to <RETURN>
(no name), I looped back to the prompt. I have to break out with a ^C.

After the ^C break and exit from root, I'm told I'm not in sudoers again.

How does one use adduser in OpenBSD?

I'd say you use it to add users, but since your user name already existed you could not. It makes sense to me.

The question is what you really wanted to do.

/Alexander