On 01/10/13 14:32, Brian Hechinger wrote:
On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 09:19:20AM +0100, Andy wrote:
Also is there no way to have the CARP IP be the IP which is advertised
as the neighbor ensuring that traffic is always sent to the CARP IP
instead (I would MUCH prefer this!).
I spent an enormous amount of time trying to answer this same question.
What I ended up coming up with was that the answer was definitely not.

It's unfortunate and I no longer remember the exact reason why.

I wish I were wrong. Using the CARP interface for OSPF would be
wonderful.

-brian

I couldn't agree more!

Is there a way of ensuring that the CARP master is the one which is FULL/DR, and the CARP backup is FULL/BDR?

At the moment I seem to have some of my CARP backup firewalls being the Designated Router

Cheers, Andy.