!! This would be amazing and exactly what I'm after :) (assuming that the carp backup announces with a higher cost..)

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, would spend a lot more time walking around in the dark if it wasn't for peoples insights on this list :)
Cheers, Andy.

On Tue 01 Oct 2013 22:42:15 BST, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2013-10-01, Andy <a...@brandwatch.com> wrote:
Is there a way of ensuring that the CARP master is the one which is
FULL/DR, and the CARP backup is FULL/BDR?

No, but does it matter anyway? I don't believe it affects route selection,
and you wouldn't usually want more network instability from having a DR
election when the devices change CARP state..