On Fri, 11 Oct 2013, Joel Sing wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, Manuel Giraud wrote:
Hi,

I have a ntfs partition with rather large (about 3GB) files on it. When
I copy these files on a ffs partition they are corrupted. When I try to
checksum them directly from the ntfs partition the checksum is not
correct (compared to the same file on a fat32 partition copied with
Windows).

I tried this (with same behaviour) on i386 5.3 release and on i386 last
week current. I'm willing to do some testing to fix this issue but don't
really know where to start.

See if you can isolate the smallest possible reproducable test case. If you
create a 3GB file with known content (e.g. the same byte repeated), does the
same issue occur? If so, how small do you need to go before the problem goes
away? Also, what operating system (and version) was used to write the files
to the NTFS volume?

Hello, I encountered the same issue. Anything over the 2 GB limit is wrong. I mean, first exactly 2 GB of the file are read correctly, following that I get wrong data till the end of the file. It is reproducible with any file over 2 GB in size so far. Smells like int somewhere... I get the same wrong data with any release since at least 5.0, didn't test anything older, but I bet it is the same.

The filesystem is a Windows XP NTFS system disk, 32-bit, the files were copied there with explorer.exe.

Regards,
David