On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 02:32:22PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> I have a urtwn that runs quite hot when it exhibits similar problems.
> Pulling it out and letting it cool down for a while usually fixes it.
> Putting it back in immediately usually results in the same symptoms
> right away.

This is my second key from this particular manufacture (EDUP EP-N8508,
sold by Ariic through Newegg.com).  The first exhibited overheat within
several minutes of insertion and its radio output disabled the local 802.11g
network for all users.  This second key does not have these DOA sypmtoms.

> A shot in the dark idea is that our driver might not be handling power
> management in a way that the vendor envisioned, so the device runs
> too hot and stops working properly.

That's a reasonable assumption, even though with two of them my experience
has been a little different.