Robbert Haarman wrote:

>>If end-users are lazy and want to take the easy way out, they should
>>

>That's a pity. I personally think OpenBSD is the _only_ operating system
>that takes security as seriously as it should be taken, and it would be
>in everybody's (well, almost everybody's) best interest if they used it.
>There is nothing wrong with the project not wanting certain users, but
>it leaves these users with a choice among evils, which is a pity.

Because OpenBSD takes security seriously doesn't mean you as a user don't
have to. If you don't understand what the different settings do, then it
will be impossible for you to set up a server securely for your needs.

That's why the man pages are considered a bug if they are wrong because
then they will fool the user into doing wrong things.

That's why HOWTO that is inaccurate will defeat the OpenBSD effort to be
secure and user will end up with an insecure setup and think it's secure
because OpenBSD is considered secure. Only the a correct setup for your
needs will make OpenBSD secure and in order to do that you need to
understand what you are doing so study the man pages before changing
settings.

Laziness leads to insecure systems.

OpenBSD keep it real by keeping it free!
Said Outgajjouft