On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 08:20:07AM +0100, obsd, cgi wrote:
> So I know the rule.. only remember a few very very long passwords
> (ex.: based on several words and a few special chars), and keep the
> rest of the passwords in a password manager (those aren't remembered
> and extreme long).
>
> But this gets me to 2 questions:
>
> - Are there any default password managers in OpenBSD (console/GUI
> based?)?  Or there are only from ports that are not very audited? What
> is the advise to where to store the pwd's?

Not sure how advisable this is, but I'm using a gpg encrypted file,
which I keep somewhere hidden (just because). Just put them in file
foo and do 'gpg -e foo' (assuming you've already setup gpg). When you
need to look something up just do 'gpg -d foo' and the file gets
decrypted to stdout.

I use it mostly for mutt (see the top of
http://nixtricks.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/mutt-multiple-email-accounts-using-hooks/)
but you can keep anything in there, obviously.

Again, not sure how recommendable this is, but "it works for me"(tm) and
its not like I'm keeping the password to root accounts or anything of
the like in there...

Cheers
Zé