Mikhail Vorobyev <compas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it is the Admin user password zabbix. I'm on the Freebsd port turned
> normally always login. Look and discuss a similar problem
> https://www.zabbix.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12144

Hi Mikhail,

user Admin and password zabbix were the first things I tried. I have
seen that post before. It is definitelly not that. I had a similar
problem with phpPgAdmin which I resolved after couple of hours by
editing

                $conf['servers'][0]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';

The IP address for the localhost. By default phpPgAdmin was listening
only on UNIX domain sockets. I took a clue from it and tried to find
similar preblem with

/var/www/zabbix/include/config.inc.php

but no luck.

By the way for your reference

# more zabbix.conf.php
<?php
// Zabbix GUI configuration file
global $DB;

$DB['TYPE']     = 'POSTGRESQL';
$DB['SERVER']   = '127.0.0.1';
$DB['PORT']     = '0';
$DB['DATABASE'] = 'zabbix';
$DB['USER']     = 'zabbix';
$DB['PASSWORD'] = 'plain text passwd';

// SCHEMA is relevant only for IBM_DB2 database
$DB['SCHEMA'] = '';

$ZBX_SERVER      = '127.0.0.1';
$ZBX_SERVER_PORT = '10051';
$ZBX_SERVER_NAME = 'Example';

$IMAGE_FORMAT_DEFAULT = IMAGE_FORMAT_PNG;
?>

One think is interesting and that is the fact that I get a message

"Unable to select configuration"

on the web interface. I have seen people leaving electronic trails which
seems to suggest that above message is due to the fact that database is
empty. That might be a clue with what went wrong.

Most Kind Regards,
Predrag