On 16 December 2013 23:48, Tekk <t...@parlementum.net> wrote:
> I've got an ext3 /home partition which I use under linux, how likely is
> it that files will get clobbered if I use the same /home under a dual
> boot with openbsd?

It occurs to me sharing an ext3/ext2 /home between Linux and OpenBSD
is a response to some need. If that's the answer (whose feasibility
you're asking about), allow me to ask, what is the question?

What's the actual core itch you're trying to scratch?

Are you just trying to share certain user files, e.g. ~/Desktop?
Are you trying to share program configurations? This might be better
to do on a case-by-case basis, with symlinks. Sharing a e.g. Firefox
profile *might* be feasible *if and only if* you're on the same
Firefox version in both OSes. But sharing any and all dot-files, —even
where installed versions (of programs properly installed outside of
~/) differ— that's probably still a very bad idea *EVEN IF* there
turned out to be absolutely no OpenBSD ext2 support bugs that you got
to run into.