I've been running OpenBSD 5.4 off a USB stick and couldn't get suspend/resume
to work on either of my laptops. I thought maybe it was a driver issue but I've
now installed the latest snapshot to the internal HDD and suspend/resume seems
to be working fine. However, suspend causes a detach of the whole ugen to umass
stack to detach so any mounted USB filesytems end up in an unclean state. This
is probably what was causing it to fail when booting off USB.

Is there anything that I need to configure in order to prevent this from
happening?

Thanks,
helg