On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 09:17, Helg Bredow wrote:
> I've been running OpenBSD 5.4 off a USB stick and couldn't get
> suspend/resume to work on either of my laptops. I thought maybe it was a
> driver issue but I've now installed the latest snapshot to the internal
> HDD and suspend/resume seems to be working fine. However, suspend causes a
> detach of the whole ugen to umass stack to detach so any mounted USB
> filesytems end up in an unclean state. This is probably what was causing
> it to fail when booting off USB.
>
> Is there anything that I need to configure in order to prevent this from
> happening?

I don't think there's anything you can do. That's how the kernel does
things (detach usb, reattach).

We could:
1. postpone the device detach until after resume, and then only detach
devices which are actually missing. I'm not sure how much madness this
would involve.
2. postpone forced filesystem unmount until after resume to see if the
disk comes back. I'm fairly certain this will involve a lot of madness.