I've just rebuilt my FW as a 5.4 box, and was investigating using relayd
(rather than squid) to transparently proxy for a couple of web host
servers.

It appears that this would be made possible by the filter rewrite
mentioned at asiabsdcon 2013:

http://www.openbsd.org/papers/relayd-slides-asiabsdcon2013.pdf

http://www.openbsd.org/papers/relayd-asiabsdcon2013.pdf

It looks like this was targeted for v5.4. However, I don't see the new
filter syntax referenced in the 5.4 man pages, nor in current. Did the
filter rewrite happen yet? And relayd chokes if I try using that syntax.

If not, am I overlooking a method to proxy (or redirect) based on
incoming http host header request to multiple back end web servers, or
would I likely be better off sticking to squid for the time being?

-sc