Hi!

On 10.01.2014, at 21:58, Steven M. Caesare <scaes...@caesare.com> wrote:

> I've just rebuilt my FW as a 5.4 box, and was investigating using relayd
> (rather than squid) to transparently proxy for a couple of web host
> servers.
>

> It appears that this would be made possible by the filter rewrite
> mentioned at asiabsdcon 2013:
>

> http://www.openbsd.org/papers/relayd-slides-asiabsdcon2013.pdf
>

> http://www.openbsd.org/papers/relayd-asiabsdcon2013.pdf
>

> It looks like this was targeted for v5.4. However, I don't see the new
> filter syntax referenced in the 5.4 man pages, nor in current. Did the
> filter rewrite happen yet? And relayd chokes if I try using that syntax.

Sorry, the filter rewrite hasn’t been finished yet.

I simply didn’t have enough time to finish it yet. At AsiaBSDCon in March 2013,
I didn’t know about another project that took some of my “spare” time in 2013,
but our second kid was successfully released in December 2013. Now I’m slowly
having more time to work on the relayd filter rewrite again.

> If not, am I overlooking a method to proxy (or redirect) based on
> incoming http host header request to multiple back end web servers, or
> would I likely be better off sticking to squid for the time being?

Unfortunately, the filter rewrite is the way to go, the current code is not
capable of doing this.

Reyk