Em 14-01-2014 01:11, Christopher Ahrens escreveu:

> What I meant by bare-metal was if I should run a bunch of services on
> the same installation of OpenBSD.

I've run in the same physical space issue with my company servers and
didn't think twice to use virtualization. But, as pointed by others, you
could easily accommodate all your services into one openbsd server with
chroot's. But I disagree when they compare chroot directly with a vm
hypervisor, because there are many things it can do, that a chroot
can't. I've been using linux with qemu/kvm. Lots of pci devices
passthrough's that work like a charm (there are potential security
issues, worth noting). I believe that the other obvious choice is Xen. I
would not go with virtualbox. And Vmware is expensive. Qemu/kvm tights
nicely into the system so it's my choice. You should make your own choice.

Cheers,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini
GPG: 4096R/77B981BC