On 24/01/2014 00:38, Sebastian Benoit wrote:
This is normal behaivor (and perhaps a misunderstanding on your side):

bgpd will only put routes into the fib that are best and valid in the rib.

A route comming from an EBGP-peer is only valid if the nexthop is directly
connected. To make the route valid you can force the nexthop to a useable
nexthop, for exampe your $NERIM_PEER_v4. you could also use $NERIM_MY_v4.

/Benno

I perfectly understand bgpd needs a 'valid' nexthop to put routes into the fib. I however (mistakingly?) thought having set nexthop blackhole in the peer's stanza would make it.